Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple card

How do I change a participant to a co-owner on my apple card?

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 6:00 AM

Hi, this is an often asked question and for the vast majority it goes smoothly. But for a small minority the changeover has been an issue.

The first step is to make sure both iPhones have been updated to the latest iOS, 14.7.1.

Here are the steps to follow,

1) Update all iPhones to iOS 14.7.1

2) Participant must remove themselves from Apple Card,

How to remove yourself as a participant from Apple Card Family

1. On your iPhone, open the Wallet app.
  2. Tap Apple Card, then tap the more button .
  3. Scroll down and tap Stop Using Shared Apple Card, then tap Stop Using & Remove.

3) Participant should restart their iPhone after removing themselves.

4) Account Owner should restart their iPhone (after restarting check to make sure participant is removed)

5) Account owner should follow steps in this support article to add a co-owner,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020

6) New co-owner should answer questions and accept invitation (see above)

7) New co-owner should add card to Wallet App on iPhone and request a physical titanium Apple Card

A few community members have had issues adding the new titanium Apple Card to the Wallet App on the iPhone. If you have issues please post a reply to the community here or contact Apple Support at,

1-800-MY-APPLE

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 6:00 AM in response to Oterodamaris

Hi, this is an often asked question and for the vast majority it goes smoothly. But for a small minority the changeover has been an issue.

The first step is to make sure both iPhones have been updated to the latest iOS, 14.7.1.

Here are the steps to follow,

1) Update all iPhones to iOS 14.7.1

2) Participant must remove themselves from Apple Card,

How to remove yourself as a participant from Apple Card Family

1. On your iPhone, open the Wallet app.
  2. Tap Apple Card, then tap the more button .
  3. Scroll down and tap Stop Using Shared Apple Card, then tap Stop Using & Remove.

3) Participant should restart their iPhone after removing themselves.

4) Account Owner should restart their iPhone (after restarting check to make sure participant is removed)

5) Account owner should follow steps in this support article to add a co-owner,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020

6) New co-owner should answer questions and accept invitation (see above)

7) New co-owner should add card to Wallet App on iPhone and request a physical titanium Apple Card

A few community members have had issues adding the new titanium Apple Card to the Wallet App on the iPhone. If you have issues please post a reply to the community here or contact Apple Support at,

1-800-MY-APPLE

Apple card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.