Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loss of wireless printer

LAST WEEK I WAS GIVEN THE OPTION TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE ON MY EPSON XP520 PRINTER. I AGREED TO THE OPTION BUT NOW MY PRINTER SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED FROM MY MAC.

HELP PLEASE.

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 12:52 PM

Hi,

The Epson XP-520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that additional drivers from the printer manufacturer are not needed if the printer is connected to the same network (router) as the computer.

Software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality, and drivers are required for a USB Connection.

If you are using AirPrint, and if all settings are OK, try the following procedure to begin with:

Power off the router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Otherwise, try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 12:52 PM in response to aabbccddeeffgghhiijjkk

Hi,

The Epson XP-520 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that additional drivers from the printer manufacturer are not needed if the printer is connected to the same network (router) as the computer.

Software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality, and drivers are required for a USB Connection.

If you are using AirPrint, and if all settings are OK, try the following procedure to begin with:

Power off the router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers. Any change?

Otherwise, try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

loss of wireless printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.