Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook - No Wi-Fi Interface / Option

Hello!

I recognized that on my macbook AIR device didn't connect with my WiFi anymore. I didn't anything before it happens.

I searched for ways on how to fix it, and everyone say "add interface WiFi" This is the actually problem. I didn't any option to add as a interface that name as WiFi. Also it appers in Safe Mode too.

I couldn't connect also there.

Now my Macbook doesn’t have the Wi-Fi option when i try to add it.

It only has the, Bluetooth.

As a interface; Thunderbolt Bridge, Thunderbolt 1, BluetoothPAN, VPN, PPPoE, 6to4 but the Wi-Fi isn’t there. Screenshots in attachment below.

Hoping to get a response ASAP.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Hello brbo!

Thanks for caring.

I did it before posted there. And Screenshot 1 (https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/15c010c1-824c-4569-8036-1867794289e9) in my first post, describes exactly happened when I clicked the + button (System preferences > Network > Left column) There is no WiFi item in interface menu :(

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 3:37 PM in response to brbo

Hello brbo!

Thanks for caring.

I did it before posted there. And Screenshot 1 (https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/15c010c1-824c-4569-8036-1867794289e9) in my first post, describes exactly happened when I clicked the + button (System preferences > Network > Left column) There is no WiFi item in interface menu :(

Aug 25, 2021 9:33 PM in response to Achllus

Wondering which operating system you have on your MacBook Air,

and which version (year / screen size) the MacBook Air is.

Some things you might want to try:

• Turn wifi off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, and it should search for a connection.
  • Turn the modem/router off, wait a moment, turn back on / check for wifi on MacBook Air.
  • Shut down, and/ or Restart MacBook Air, and check the Network settings / wifi panel again.
  • If Bluetooth is on, turn off Bluetooth on MacBook Air, and check Network settings again.
  • Ensure MacBook Air is not too far away from modem/router, and nothing is blocking the signal.

Something here may help :)

Also: discussion thread about similar problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253032259

Aug 26, 2021 9:50 AM in response to brbo

macOS BigSur - MacBook Air 13", 2017

• Turn wifi off, wait a few seconds, turn back on, and it should search for a connection.

I tried but the things that never changed...

• Turn the modem/router off, wait a moment, turn back on / check for wifi on MacBook Air.

I tried also this too.

• Shut down, and/ or Restart MacBook Air, and check the Network settings / wifi panel again.

And this one too.

• If Bluetooth is on, turn off Bluetooth on MacBook Air, and check Network settings again.

OMG!!! IT'S HAPPENED. IT'S WORKING NOW. OMG. <3<3<3 :D

Macbook - No Wi-Fi Interface / Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.