Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Late 2015 (Retina 5K, 27-inch) as external display for PC Laptop

Here's my scenario - like everyone else, I'm spending a lot more time working at home. I have an iMac Late 2015. My work laptop is Windows 10. It has a 13" screen so I'd really like to use the iMac as an external display for the PC. How??????

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 4:20 PM

10 replies

Aug 23, 2021 7:07 PM in response to DAdderley

This iMac can run Windows 10, natively. Install Windows 10 and boot that, and do your Windows thing on a big screen. Shuffle files back and forth to the laptop as needed, if you need to transport those files remotely. Or use a file share on Windows. Fully native Windows.

And the issue with the iMac here is that yours is just a little too new to be used as a display. Older iMac models can work for this. The previously-linked blue-text link provides more info on Target Display Mode for iMac. But again, yours is too new.

iMac Late 2015 (Retina 5K, 27-inch) as external display for PC Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.