Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube, Apple TV, and iPhone

The YouTube app on my Apple TV (4th generation) does not connect to the YouTube app on my iPhone.

What I want to do is add my own account to the app on the Apple TV. When I go into the app and select "add an account," the app instructs me to open the app on my iPhone. I do. Then the app on the Apple TV sets up the spinning apostrophes and never does connect to the app on my iPhone.

I have two networks. I have tried to make this connection on both networks. Neither works. The instruction from the app on the Apple TV says that the connection can take up to thirty seconds. I have waited, I estimate, at least two minutes without progress.

Is there some trick to getting the Apple TV YouTube app to pay attention to the YouTube app on my iPhone?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 5:56 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 24, 2021 12:13 PM in response to R_55a

Hello R_55a.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re unable to login to your account on the YouTube app. We’re happy to help.

Let’s use the steps here to restart your Apple TV: How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support We recommend using the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Let’s restart your router. After the Apple TV, iPhone and router are fully restarted, are you able to login to your YouTube account? Are you on the same Wi-Fi network on your iPhone and Apple TV?

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

YouTube, Apple TV, and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.