Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV supports captive networks, your Apple TV will prompt you to continue on your iPhone or iPad. Select Continue on iPhone or iPad, you wait to follow the onscreen instructions on your device to complet

Staying in a hotel for a week and excited to connect my Apple TV. BUT

Apple TV supports captive networks, connect to one of these networks, During setup, your Apple TV will prompt you to continue on your iPhone or iPad.

I Select Continue on iPhone or iPad, I wait to follow the onscreen instructions on your device to complete setup but it never shows up. After wasting more the an hour troubleshooting and searching the web for possible solutions I start to understand I’m screwed. To make things worse it won’t let me stream anything when I mirror.

Is there something I can do or is it hopeless?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 10:16 PM

Unfortunately it seems the AppleTV is not a great travel companion. It is supposed to be able to connect to the same (hotel) wifi network as your iPhone/iPad but this rarely works.

I travel with an Apple HDMI adapter for the iPad and an HDMI cable for attaching to the hotel TV. That gives me most content that would be available on an Apple TV (if it worked).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 10:16 PM in response to NotARoboturaRobot

Unfortunately it seems the AppleTV is not a great travel companion. It is supposed to be able to connect to the same (hotel) wifi network as your iPhone/iPad but this rarely works.

I travel with an Apple HDMI adapter for the iPad and an HDMI cable for attaching to the hotel TV. That gives me most content that would be available on an Apple TV (if it worked).

Apple TV supports captive networks, your Apple TV will prompt you to continue on your iPhone or iPad. Select Continue on iPhone or iPad, you wait to follow the onscreen instructions on your device to complet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.