Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple program for repairing Mac Book Pro with defective screen

I have a 2017 15 in MacBook Pro 512GB 2.9 GHz i7 with a defective screen.

The Mac laptop works perfectly fine.

I have verified this by connecting the laptop to an external monitor with HDMI cable. I am able to log on to and use this MacBook Pro laptop without any issues the only problem is that the built-in LCD display doesn't work.

This laptop is out of warranty.

Does Apple have any type of repair program I can use where I can pay to have this laptop repaired?

Can I take this Mac Book Pro into an Apple store to have it repaired or does Apple have a website where I can register this Mac to get it repaired?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 9:02 PM

Hi,

You need to reserve Genius Bar before you take your MacBook Pro to retail local Apple Store.

You can also repair your MacBook Pro at local Apple Authorized Service Provider.

I think it's costly to repair LCD, though you should remember that before taking your MacBook Pro to Apple Store or AASP, you should take backup your data.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 9:02 PM in response to it007

Hi,

You need to reserve Genius Bar before you take your MacBook Pro to retail local Apple Store.

You can also repair your MacBook Pro at local Apple Authorized Service Provider.

I think it's costly to repair LCD, though you should remember that before taking your MacBook Pro to Apple Store or AASP, you should take backup your data.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Apple program for repairing Mac Book Pro with defective screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.