Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur killed my 2019 MacBook Air

long story shorter: Big Sur froze my MacBook Air and would not finish loading. Had to wipe my disk in recovery mode (per apple support) and now I’m locked out completely. The only thing it can do is something called internet recovery mode - but it won’t connect. I’ve tried 10x on different WiFis (normal, hot spot, typing in the ID on the router) every time i get this:

a globe with an exclamation point

support.apple.com/Mac/startup

-1008F

I’ve done everything on the website linked, looked up the code. Nothing works. I’m terrified that my Mac is gone forever and i cannot lose it.

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:21 AM

error -1008F is telling you that you are trying recovery with insufficient or no internet connection. you should connect the mac to your router with a wired ethernet connection. if ethernet is not possible, move the mac as close as you can to the router and also temporarily disconnect all of your other devices from the wi-fi. you want as much bandwidth as possible running to the mac in recovery mode.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 6:21 AM in response to evulcano

error -1008F is telling you that you are trying recovery with insufficient or no internet connection. you should connect the mac to your router with a wired ethernet connection. if ethernet is not possible, move the mac as close as you can to the router and also temporarily disconnect all of your other devices from the wi-fi. you want as much bandwidth as possible running to the mac in recovery mode.

Big Sur killed my 2019 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.