Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air unable to complete internet recovery

Hi there,

I have a 2018 macbook air here, I'm not quite sure what happened to it, I believe the user played with some settings. May have deleted a partition or something? really not sure. It won't boot but automatically performs an internet recovery. after a few minutes we get to a screen like this:

Clicking 'Startup Disk' takes us here:

selecting the only disk available and clicking 'Restart' gives this error:

And I'm really not sure where to go from here. I don't have any other macs around here, and reading over some of the information online, it looks like that makes the situation more complicated.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 4:56 AM

The solution is to boot macOS Recovery again and use Disk Utility to completely erase the device.

Follow these instructions: Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support.

Pay attention to Step 4. "The device" in its context refers to the entire storage device, meaning not a volume or partition subordinate to that device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 4:56 AM in response to GeneralKenobii

The solution is to boot macOS Recovery again and use Disk Utility to completely erase the device.

Follow these instructions: Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support.

Pay attention to Step 4. "The device" in its context refers to the entire storage device, meaning not a volume or partition subordinate to that device.

Macbook Air unable to complete internet recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.