Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac 21 " suddenly enlarges the screen

How can I correct this problem?

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:23 AM

is it possible that you've discovered "smart zoom"? if enabled, when you lightly tap your mouse, the screen can zoom in or out rather unexpectedly. you can go into System Preferences > Mouse and check if "smart zoom" is enabled. if it is, deselect it and the unexpected zooming will stop.

however, if you want you can try getting used to smart zoom. once you get used to how it works, you will wonder how you did without it. :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:23 AM in response to vernfromca

is it possible that you've discovered "smart zoom"? if enabled, when you lightly tap your mouse, the screen can zoom in or out rather unexpectedly. you can go into System Preferences > Mouse and check if "smart zoom" is enabled. if it is, deselect it and the unexpected zooming will stop.

however, if you want you can try getting used to smart zoom. once you get used to how it works, you will wonder how you did without it. :)

my imac 21 " suddenly enlarges the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.