You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iCloud Mail data kept on iPad after deleting emails?!

Hi,

when I look into my iPad storage it shows that the Apple Mail has a total of 10,08 GB documents and data. The truth is that I have a total of some 30 emails in iCloud and the iPhone shows 7,3 MB of docs and data what is realistic.

I have the suspicion that the deleted emails stays on my iPad and no idea how to get rid of this huge amount of data.

I tried to offload the app, but nothing changed. I'm afraid to delete the Mail app as this will probably delete also the emails in iCloud Mail.

Any idea what to do?

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 7:31 AM

Hello VAD.,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having a storage issue on your iPad, and you think it is related to your iCloud email account. Based on your description, a good next step could be to delete the Mail app, as emails are stored on the iCloud servers, not your iPad, then restart your iPad and reinstall the Mail app and turn on your iCloud email account again, and here are some resources to help with this:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2021 7:31 AM in response to croircred142

Hello VAD.,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are having a storage issue on your iPad, and you think it is related to your iCloud email account. Based on your description, a good next step could be to delete the Mail app, as emails are stored on the iCloud servers, not your iPad, then restart your iPad and reinstall the Mail app and turn on your iCloud email account again, and here are some resources to help with this:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Apple iCloud Mail data kept on iPad after deleting emails?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.