Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Media for this clip is still on the camera

I imported several videos from my iPhone to my Macbook Pro. 75% had fully downloaded when iMovie crashed. The first video is fine. But all the rest have a camera icon in lower left corner of the thumbnail. If you hover the pointer over the icon is says the media for this clip is still on the camera. I can only view them while the iPhone is connected to the Macbook Pro.

I "deleted the media from the event" and then reimported a clip. The thumbnail instantly popped up but with the camera icon.

How can I copy these clips into iMovie permanently?

Equip/systems

Macbook Pro

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

iMovie 10.2.5

iPhone 11 Pro

iOS 14.7.1

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 8:45 AM

The crash aborted the original import before it completed, leaving some clips still on the camera. You should be able to disconnect the camera, then plug back in and reimport. After the reimport is totally completed, disconnect the camera and see if your clips successfully imported without the camera icon on it.

If still no luck, use the Image Capture app on your Mac to import to your desktop and from there drag into iMovie. Alternatively, you can import into the Photos app and then access the clips in iMovie via the Photos item in the iMovie project sidebar.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2021 8:45 AM in response to DaBoid

The crash aborted the original import before it completed, leaving some clips still on the camera. You should be able to disconnect the camera, then plug back in and reimport. After the reimport is totally completed, disconnect the camera and see if your clips successfully imported without the camera icon on it.

If still no luck, use the Image Capture app on your Mac to import to your desktop and from there drag into iMovie. Alternatively, you can import into the Photos app and then access the clips in iMovie via the Photos item in the iMovie project sidebar.

-- Rich

The Media for this clip is still on the camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.