Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages and word

As an editor I have to open word-docs in pages and to translate them back to word for my co-editors. This went reasonably well, but now and then I struggle with the step pages>word. The file gets corrupted in an unpredictable way; sometimes half of the content has gone. This happens mostly when features like 'track changes' or 'remarks' have been used.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks.

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 11:33 AM

Pages and Word are mostly compatible but not all features are supported. Please refer to the following document for more information: Pages - Compatibility - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 25, 2021 6:32 PM in response to editor-39

If your co-editors are using Word, then you should be too, and eliminate document translation that occurs twice when round-tripping Word documents. With Word, your entire editing process would be in Word's native document format, and there would be no further shared content surprises.

Since your time has value, too many interruptions dealing with translation issues could pay for MS Office.

pages and word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.