Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I unsync my iMessage off my Mac ?

how do I unsync my iMessages off my MacBook ? I only want my messages to show on my phone not on my MacBook.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 12:22 PM

Hi nikki1000, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

It sounds like you want to stop using Messages on your MacBook and we're happy to help! We also see that you've already checked out the Apple Support article Use Messages with your Mac.

"If you don’t want to see messages on your Mac, you can just sign out.

1. In the Messages app  on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then select Settings.
  2. Select Sign Out, then confirm that you want to sign out. When you sign out of iMessage, you no longer receive messages.

Note: To stop receiving messages sent to your phone number, deselect the phone number under “You can be reached for messages at.” See the Apple Support article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime."

Learn more about Messages on Mac here: Set up Messages on Mac

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2021 12:22 PM in response to nikki1000

Hi nikki1000, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

It sounds like you want to stop using Messages on your MacBook and we're happy to help! We also see that you've already checked out the Apple Support article Use Messages with your Mac.

"If you don’t want to see messages on your Mac, you can just sign out.

1. In the Messages app  on your Mac, choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then select Settings.
  2. Select Sign Out, then confirm that you want to sign out. When you sign out of iMessage, you no longer receive messages.

Note: To stop receiving messages sent to your phone number, deselect the phone number under “You can be reached for messages at.” See the Apple Support article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime."

Learn more about Messages on Mac here: Set up Messages on Mac

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

how do I unsync my iMessage off my Mac ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.