Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the bottom of macbook pro 2017 display glitch

The bottom of the display (about 0.5cm) is black and has residual images of text or cursor for a few minutes. After about 30mins of use this disappears and everything works fine.

still a bother as i can barely see the tool bar for the first half a hour of use and its really annoying to look at. Its not a hardware issue as its really sporadic and does not always occur. Have found no rhyme or reason to this glitching yet so id appreciate any help!

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 9:03 AM

patric241 wrote:

The bottom of the display (about 0.5cm) is black and has residual images of text or cursor for a few minutes. After about 30mins of use this disappears and everything works fine.
still a bother as i can barely see the tool bar for the first half a hour of use and its really annoying to look at. Its not a hardware issue as its really sporadic and does not always occur. Have found no rhyme or reason to this glitching yet so id appreciate any help!

This is your internal display...

Did you try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 9:03 AM in response to patric241

patric241 wrote:

This is your internal display...

Did you try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.