Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face Id

I received a message that I cannot use Face ID due to an error detected with the TrueDepth camera. I would like to know if this is included in the warranty? I have an Iphone XS.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:28 PM

vaghinak80 Said:

"Face Id: I received a message that I cannot use Face ID due to an error detected with the TrueDepth camera. I would like to know if this is included in the warranty? I have an Iphone XS."

-------

Ask Apple:

You have a One-YearOut-of-the-BoxLimited-Warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and see if you can get this serviced. If it is faulty hardware, then it might be. But, that is Apple's call. So take that up with Apple. These are user-to-user forums. No one here has any say in what is and is not covered by Apple. So, to get the best out of this warranty contact Apple Support.

Apple Support Contact Information:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 9:28 PM in response to vaghinak80

vaghinak80 Said:

"Face Id: I received a message that I cannot use Face ID due to an error detected with the TrueDepth camera. I would like to know if this is included in the warranty? I have an Iphone XS."

-------

Ask Apple:

You have a One-YearOut-of-the-BoxLimited-Warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and see if you can get this serviced. If it is faulty hardware, then it might be. But, that is Apple's call. So take that up with Apple. These are user-to-user forums. No one here has any say in what is and is not covered by Apple. So, to get the best out of this warranty contact Apple Support.

Apple Support Contact Information:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Face Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.