Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Face ID problem detected

What does it means if a problem is detected with my true depth camera after it fell

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 4:28 PM

Hhectic wrote:

What does it means if a problem is detected with my true depth camera after it fell

It probably means your TrueDepth camera or related hardware has failed, given the drop.

You can and probably already have followed the steps in the Related Article link that got you here, but the symptoms and the drop probably means that a hardware repair or replacement is ahead, if you want Face ID working again.

That then means a discussion of your options and alternatives with Apple Support.

Use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Hhectic

Hhectic wrote:

It probably means your TrueDepth camera or related hardware has failed, given the drop.

You can and probably already have followed the steps in the Related Article link that got you here, but the symptoms and the drop probably means that a hardware repair or replacement is ahead, if you want Face ID working again.

That then means a discussion of your options and alternatives with Apple Support.

Use the Support link in the lower left corner of this webpage.

iPhone Face ID problem detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.