Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 Does Not Show Menu Bar

Hello,

I just purchased a new Mac Mini M1. It is not showing the menu bar at the top. I have gone into System Preferences -> Dock & Menu Bar settings and checked "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" but it did not help. I have also tried changing the resolution of my display thinking that the content may have been just off the screen, but it did not resolve the issue.

I am on Big Sur 11.5.2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 10:36 AM

Now it sounds like you need to go back to the Apple > System Preferences > Displays > hold the Alt (option) and click on the Scaled button > then select a different Resolution until you find a suitable one.

11 replies

Aug 28, 2021 8:57 AM in response to den.thed

I just realized that the menu bar is there but is not visible at all. I have to move my mouse pointer to the left top corner and click, the drop down menu shows but the top row is still invisible. The left most drop down menu is truncated on its left side. So, instead of showing shut down, I just see "t Down".

The aspect ratio has been set to 16:9. I changed it to others such as 4:3, vertical zoom, all zoom, original but did not help. I also set it to zoom and then moved the screen around to focus on the left top corner just in case I can start seeing the menu bar, but it did not.

I tried a different HDMI cable but did not help. I used another older Insignia monitor with both cables but the issue persists. :(

Mac Mini M1 Does Not Show Menu Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.