Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur menu bar keeps disappearing

I'm running Big Sur on a MacBook and the menu bar and dock started auto-hiding even though the "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" and "Automatically hide and show the dock" are not checked in the Dock and Menu Bar system preferences. How can I get it to stop doing this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 2, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Andante_sostenuto

I may have isolated the problem. It seems to be happening consistently with PowerPoint (figures it would be a Microsoft program). Once I figured out it was PPT, I was able to find a solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/cf0cgt/menu_dock_disappear_whenever_i_open_ppt/

I just did a force quit on PPT, restarted and it seems fine... thanks everyone - I hope this helps others avoid frustration!

Nov 15, 2021 3:32 AM in response to Barbara Vaughn

Barbara Vaughn wrote:

How do I know if I'm in fullscreen or split screen?

Easiest way to know is if you ever click the green dot on the window.

When in Full Screen, the window’s toolbar will be hidden, also. when you move your cursor to the top of the screen, the menu bar and the three dots will appear from the top.

But, I’m not the best person to ask as I think Full Screen view is completely useless and never use it.

big sur menu bar keeps disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.