Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone CLEAR app Health Pass - oops something went wrong

Hello All,

I am trying to set up a health pass on the CLEAR app on my iPhone SE 2020 - MXCH2LL/A on iOS 14.7.1. Whichever way I try to go about it I receive the "Oops, Something went wrong" error. I previously had a CLEAR acct for airport security but cancelled it.

My work iPhone 8 - MQ6V2LL/A on iOS 14.7.1 has no issues setting this up.

I think the problem is that my SE 2020 is not allowing camera access. I have deleted (including data) and re-downloaded the app several times. It does not prompt me for access. It begins by asking for my email and then gives me the error.

When I go to Settings>Clear (app) I see the Camera Access option or when I go to Settings>Privacy>Camera>Clear (app) on my work iPhone 8 I see the camera access allowed. On my personal iPhone SE 2020 I do not see the Clear app or do not see the camera access option.

I am guessing there is a setting restricting this but have been unable to find it in my various searches. The Clear folks were not helpful when I brought this up to them originally. I discovered the successful setup on my work phone afterwards (using same apple ID to avoid re-buying certain apps etc, now that I think it thru I regret it). Signing out on my work phone had no effect on my sign on attempts on my personal phone.

Any suggestions?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 11:46 AM

2 replies

iphone CLEAR app Health Pass - oops something went wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.