Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I recover my wallpaper from an old backup?

I had some problems with my iphone 12 max pro recently stuck on 14.6. I used the itunes restore functionality and decided to start fresh and not restore from my local MacOS BigSur backup. The restore method upgraded me to 14.7.1, so I cannot restore my 14.6 backup - but I have the backup and purchased imazing a while back. Can anyone provide instructions on how to find and extract the wallpaper image I had from a vacation in the past? It was a picture I took - not something searchable on the web and I have gone through my hundreds of thousands of pictures from all my iPhones back to my original iphone, and cannot find the darn file. I know it's trapped in the backup - I just cannot find a way to extract the file...

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 7:49 PM

gleep52 Said:

"how can I recover my wallpaper from an old backup?: [...]Can anyone provide instructions on how to find and extract the wallpaper image I had from a vacation in the past?[...]"

-------

Check iCloud, Directly:

Rather than checking the backups. make it easy and see if they reside in iCloud. As long as Photos is still enabled in iCloud on the old devices, then it may be recoverable. Go here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 7:49 PM in response to gleep52

gleep52 Said:

"how can I recover my wallpaper from an old backup?: [...]Can anyone provide instructions on how to find and extract the wallpaper image I had from a vacation in the past?[...]"

-------

Check iCloud, Directly:

Rather than checking the backups. make it easy and see if they reside in iCloud. As long as Photos is still enabled in iCloud on the old devices, then it may be recoverable. Go here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

how can I recover my wallpaper from an old backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.