Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought apple gift card online at amazon. Have code and shows up on iphone but won't highlight when I want to redeem it

Apple gift card purchased from Amazon and it shows up on iphone but can not redeem. It does not highlight to hit it and buy music.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 8:58 PM

willisea Said:

"Need to use it on one iphone. Don't want to try another device nor do I have another device other than iphone. Will try to shut down overnight and maybe it will highlight and can redeem. It shows in payment but can not use it."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

Contact Amazon:

Contact Amazon, seeing if the seller can be accountable and if you can get your money back.

Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what read on these forums.

Go Here:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 8:58 PM in response to willisea

willisea Said:

"Need to use it on one iphone. Don't want to try another device nor do I have another device other than iphone. Will try to shut down overnight and maybe it will highlight and can redeem. It shows in payment but can not use it."

-------

Troubleshooting this:

Contact Amazon:

Contact Amazon, seeing if the seller can be accountable and if you can get your money back.

Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported). So, go to a retailer, and then add it to your Apple Account right then-and-there after the transaction goes through at the cash register. It'd be more safe, from what read on these forums.

Go Here:

Aug 28, 2021 8:02 PM in response to willisea

willisea Said:

"Apple gift card purchased from Amazon and it shows up on iphone but can not redeem. It does not highlight to hit it and buy music."

-------

Single Out this iPhone:

Try using another device, seeing if you can purchase though the device. If purchasing it works on the other device, then it may be this iPhone giving you the issue. So, log out of iCloud, and then log back in. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

bought apple gift card online at amazon. Have code and shows up on iphone but won't highlight when I want to redeem it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.