You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistent problem Reuters News crashing & App store - icloud clearing

I have run the Reuters New app for over a year with no problems - very stable - never crashed. Then every since ios 14 and the last few versions it crashes. I coped for the last few months by deleting it and reinstalling it after each crash and it would work as long as I never closed its window. But then after a month or so the short video news (TV section) summary stopped working, but the news stories section worked ok for about 2 months. I would have to delete and download a new copy a few times a week when I closed its window out of habit. Now even if I fully delete it and delete all of my data with it I can’t even get it to run. Basically, it tries and flashes up the first image (zuckerberg pic) of its normal setup - build your feed for a split second before crashing. I never have used icloud with this ipad, but in the app store - it shows the cloud symbol with arrow in it when I would download it again... I suspect that if I could reset the what the app store has for this ipad it would probably work ie get a real virgin copy instead of what it is currently forcing on me. I did log out of the app store acct. But that didn’t make any difference. How can I get the app store to reset things for this app so I can get a virgin copy? Or what else could be going on? I have deleted both the app and my data associated with it about 40 times, besides logging out of the app store and power cycling the ipad. Ios seems like such a handicapped os. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 2:37 AM

I suggest that you contact that app's developer team and ask them:--> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply

Persistent problem Reuters News crashing & App store - icloud clearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.