Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a working driver for Samsung ML-1675 printers on macOS Big Sur?

I was able to use my Samsung ML-1675 printer with a driver now I don't remember the name of, before Big Sur, on Catalina.

Now no driver seems to work for my printer on Big Sur. I've searched for a solution and saw a lot of people with the same issue (on other printer models). Some of them were able to use their printers with a slightly different driver than what their printer model was. But no luck for me there.

Maybe someone here had the same issue and can offer a solution. Here's what I know:

• My printer is a monochrome laser printer from 2011. (Samsung ML-1675 Series) It isn't wireless. I'm using a USB cable.
  • My Mac is a 2020 MacBook Air, running Big Sur (11.5.2)
  • I was able to use the printer before Big Sur.
  • There are no problems with the printer. It has a full cartridge, runs fast and smooth. It works on Windows.
  • There are some drivers that were working on OS X, but I can't install them on Big Sur because they're old and Big Sur can't run the pkg files for the installation.
  • I've already installed Gutenprint drivers.
  • Here are some of the drivers I was able to find that kind of worked (printed an error page):
    • Samsung C3010 Series driver (and some others): Printed a page with the following error:
INTERNAL ERROR - uw_color == 4
    • Some of the drivers for other Samsung ML-**** printers: Printed a page with the following error:
INTERNAL ERROR - Please use the proper driver.

I hope someone can offer a working solution here, like people did for other Samsung printers.

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 3:03 AM

Hi,

You may want to begin by resetting the printing system. When adding the printer, check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Otherwise, it would all be experimental. Make sure that you have backup copies of important files, since software conflicts cannot be ruled out when testing printer drivers.

Have you already tested whether a universal driver https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.01.dmg would work with a USB connection and the ML-1675? Alternatively, using an external USB print server (TP-Link TL-PS110U is just one example) connected via Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router? You may have to try to select a number of other printer models (such as the SL-C430).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 3:03 AM in response to disconnectus

Hi,

You may want to begin by resetting the printing system. When adding the printer, check whether the operating system suggests a suitable driver.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Otherwise, it would all be experimental. Make sure that you have backup copies of important files, since software conflicts cannot be ruled out when testing printer drivers.

Have you already tested whether a universal driver https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.01.dmg would work with a USB connection and the ML-1675? Alternatively, using an external USB print server (TP-Link TL-PS110U is just one example) connected via Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router? You may have to try to select a number of other printer models (such as the SL-C430).

Is there a working driver for Samsung ML-1675 printers on macOS Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.