Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Making Previous Dialled Calls Automatically

My iPhone Xr with IOS 14.7 has lately been dialling at the previous called number from my contact list when I hang up from a current call.

This is extremely annoying to the previous dialled number and to myself.

Please any assistance is solving this issue would be much appreciated.

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 9:45 PM

Myimac666 Said:

"iPhone Making Previous Dialled Calls Automatically: My iPhone Xr with IOS 14.7 has lately been dialling at the previous called number from my contact list when I hang up from a current call. This is extremely annoying to the previous dialled number and to myself. Please any assistance is solving this issue would be much appreciated."

-------

What to Try:

A. Try Hard-Restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power On: the iPhone

See if this still occurs

also...

B. Clear "Other" Storage:

Caches are likely getting in the way here. So, clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this. It would be performed through use of a computer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 9:45 PM in response to Myimac666

Myimac666 Said:

"iPhone Making Previous Dialled Calls Automatically: My iPhone Xr with IOS 14.7 has lately been dialling at the previous called number from my contact list when I hang up from a current call. This is extremely annoying to the previous dialled number and to myself. Please any assistance is solving this issue would be much appreciated."

-------

What to Try:

A. Try Hard-Restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power On: the iPhone

See if this still occurs

also...

B. Clear "Other" Storage:

Caches are likely getting in the way here. So, clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this. It would be performed through use of a computer.

Sep 6, 2021 9:39 PM in response to Chili2019

Chili2019 Said:

"My son Jason has an I phone xr. His wife is in the hospital with Covid. The phone is making random calls. He has tried turning off and on to reset did not work. He screen only shows my number and he cannot get to settings. This is an emergency to try to fix. ANY help would be greatly appreciated."

-------

Reset to Factory Settings:

One thing to consider is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. All this automatic redialing should be rid of. Use of this Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support. Important - back up first, as mentioned in that link.

Important:

On the iPhone Both Before and After the Reset:

Enable different iCloud settings(i.e. Contactsand Photos) on your iPhone, so that they are restorable, after the reset...

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts [and/or other settings] (so that it is green in-color)
  5. All Should be Accessible.

All the best.

Sep 6, 2021 9:34 PM in response to TheLittles

My son Jason has an I phone xr. His wife is in the hospital with Covid. The phone is making random calls. He has tried turning off and on to reset did not work. He screen only shows my number and he cannot get to settings. This is an emergency to try to fix.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone Making Previous Dialled Calls Automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.