Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover watsapp media after changing the phone

I have changed the iphone from iphone 11 pro max to iphone 8. The problem am facing is i cant recover my watsapp media after having the back up.question marks are there but pic n videos can be seen in thumb nail.

please give me solution to this problem.

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:52 AM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 1:53 AM in response to bushra258

Log into WhatsApp with the same Phone number that was used to backup. If it prompts you to update chat history, then you use it or else check the Phone Number. WhatsApp chat history can be deleted via WhatsApp only.

Even if you erase your iPhone the chat history remains on iCloud Drive and is accessible only through WhatsApp.

WhatsApp Backup is taken on iCloud and while restoring, it verifies your Phone number.

• The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can't restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
  • Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.

Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

Recover watsapp media after changing the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.