Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word not saving new document

Strange issue with Word, coming back from holiday: I can't save a new document or save as... an existing one. The new file will appear in the finder, then disappear after 1 second. The name of the file will then be changed to a temporary file name.

The issue happens on my iMac and not on my MBP, which are linked through iCloud.

I have completely reinstalled Office (v. 16.52, but other strange thing, Product ID is 00000-000-000000!) and OS is also latest (11.5.2).

Any idea of what I can do?

Thanks

PS: I thought I was posting this in "windows software" topic, but now is in iCloud. oh well

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 2:31 AM

I seem to have solved this problem by giving Word full disk access in System preferences.

Could this problem be linked to the fact that my system files reside on the (small) internal SSD, while my home is located on an external SSD (through thunderbolt)?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 2:31 AM in response to nicos

I seem to have solved this problem by giving Word full disk access in System preferences.

Could this problem be linked to the fact that my system files reside on the (small) internal SSD, while my home is located on an external SSD (through thunderbolt)?

Word not saving new document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.