Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock/Swipe Up Problem

Hello - I am delighted to have a new iPad Pro (11-inches, 3rd gen). There is an issue with swiping up: The dock always appears. Instead of seamlessly closing windows, I have to keep swiping until I get the window. On the iPhone it's seamless.

Why does the dock keep popping up? Can I pin the dock to the background? Or make it go away? I don't want the dock to appear when I swipe up. Thank you !

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 5:59 AM

Swiping upwards will always expose the dock.

Swiping upwards from the bottom edge of the screen, pausing briefly at mid-screen before lifting your finger from the screen, will be present a set of thumbnail windows for each of your open Apps. To force-close an App, simply swipe the corresponding window off the top of the screen.

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS details this - and other - control gestures for iPad. Here are the online and downloadable versions of the User Guide:

https://help.apple.com/epub/ipad/en/

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope that your find this information to be helpful in resolving any issues that you may be experiencing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 5:59 AM in response to Marion_PB

Swiping upwards will always expose the dock.

Swiping upwards from the bottom edge of the screen, pausing briefly at mid-screen before lifting your finger from the screen, will be present a set of thumbnail windows for each of your open Apps. To force-close an App, simply swipe the corresponding window off the top of the screen.

The iPad User Guide for iPadOS details this - and other - control gestures for iPad. Here are the online and downloadable versions of the User Guide:

https://help.apple.com/epub/ipad/en/

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

I hope that your find this information to be helpful in resolving any issues that you may be experiencing.

Dock/Swipe Up Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.