Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Homepod mini loses sight for connected devices in my homekit

hi there!

i've got a homepod mini and several smart lights configured in my homekit. Although sometimes it works completly fine to control my lights with my homepod mini, there are other times that my homepod tells me that i have nothing configured in my homekit. (Which is not true.)

I can still control all my devices via home app.

I have noticed, that if I change the name of my Home in the home app, the homepod works for like 5 minutes. After that, it loses sight for the connected devices.

Does anyone have or had a similar problem? Is my homepod mini defect?

Im new to apple homekit, any help would be appreciated

HomePod mini

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:56 PM

Not sure which lights you are using. See if you can install their own app from the App Store to get access to more settings. If you can and you can get your lights added into that as well, it might be able to notify you of a “mismatch” that the app can fix or at least enable you to turn on Sir i& HomeKit.

sometimes it might be having trouble connecting not your home wifi network so rebooting the wifi is good to do.

You can also delete Home and set them all up again

you can also try restarting HomePod from the home app or resetting HomePod. See: Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 1:56 PM in response to cowfarmer2

Not sure which lights you are using. See if you can install their own app from the App Store to get access to more settings. If you can and you can get your lights added into that as well, it might be able to notify you of a “mismatch” that the app can fix or at least enable you to turn on Sir i& HomeKit.

sometimes it might be having trouble connecting not your home wifi network so rebooting the wifi is good to do.

You can also delete Home and set them all up again

you can also try restarting HomePod from the home app or resetting HomePod. See: Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Aug 31, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for responding

I am using Philips Hue with a Hue Bridge and one xiaomi lamp which can be added to homekit without a bridge. Result is the same for all lamps.

I've tried resetting the homepod, but did not try to delete the whole Home and set it up again. Ill maybe give it a try tomorrow.

Are there any important network settings which could screw my homekit setup?

Aug 31, 2021 2:25 PM in response to cowfarmer2

Re the network, yes. HomePod can go awry if operating on Dual Band. I had dual band and disabled the 5G from being the default, it’s now split into two so I can use either one. I use the 5G and keep everything on the same network.

Another thing, HomeKit is relying on your Apple ID signed into to home, each HomePod and other devices, like the one you set HomePod up on. On this iOS device go into settings - iCloud - toggle Home off then back on. You can also do the same in the Home App in home settings - by signing out, then sign back in.

Test if the lights work on your iOS device (or any other Apple devices) by asking Siri. It should work on all devices signed into the same Apple ID.

My Homepod mini loses sight for connected devices in my homekit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.