Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps in my dock require two clicks to launch

Some apps simply require two clicks to launch. Other apps show their menu bars but aren't in the correct space. A second click switches spaces and completes the launch of the application.

I completely reinstalled the OS (from macOS recovery), but that didn't fix the problem. Perhaps the cause is a conflict with a third-party app. This is just a small problem, but they can grow into bigger problems. Any ideas?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 5:26 PM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 5:26 PM in response to iTBotB

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Some apps in my dock require two clicks to launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.