Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lagging Mouse! How To Change Polling Rate On Logitech Mouse

As many others have reported here, I'm having unbearable mouse lag ever since upgrading to Big Sur with my Logitech M705 wireless mouse that uses the Logi Unifying Software and receiver dongle.

Many have reported results by changing the Polling Rate to 500 or 125Hz

But I cannot find anywhere in Apple or the Logi app to adjust the polling rate.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:17 PM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2021 6:59 PM in response to MacMyDays

A lagging mouse has nothing to do with the DPI rate nor the polling rate. Have you upgraded to the latest Big Sur 11.5.2? Have you upgraded to the latest Logitech Options software? If you are using the USB Unifying dongle it should perform far better than bluetooth but it seems many of the bluetooth bugs have been fixed in the last several Big Sur updates.

Aug 31, 2021 10:00 PM in response to James Brickley

Thanks, James. It's been frustrating, to say the least. This mouse previously acted flawlessly but now it just hinders any productivity. To be sure, if I use the trackpad, there is no pointer lag at all.

There are a number of posts here where those using gaming mice have adjusted the polling rate from 1k to 125 and the lag goes away. Go figure.

Yes, all software is up to date, including macOS, Logi Options and you're right it should perform better than Bluetooth which is why I changed from Bluetooth a couple of years ago. Though the dongle is still old school USB plug so I have to use a hub or adapter to fit to the MacBook Pro sole USB-C ports.

Lagging Mouse! How To Change Polling Rate On Logitech Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.