Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook calendar tab slow to respond

Hi there,

I have a new PC laptop and it works really well. I am a heavy Outlook user (which has been working very well on my new laptop until recently). I installed iCloud on my laptop so that I could see my iCloud calendars in my Outlook but as soon as I did that, literally the next time I used Outlook, the calendar took several seconds (approx 10 seconds) to load. Once I wait for the 10 seconds the calendar runs fine. If I then move to mail in Outlook and then back to calendar (and I do this all day long) I encounter the same delay.

Can someone help me resolve this long delay please?

Many thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 8:01 AM

Hi,

Thanks for continuing to offer support.

I've uninstalled iCloud, restarted my laptop and then reinstalled it.

Unfortunately on reinstallation it is no better than before.

Are there any other tricks I should be trying? I assume there are a very large number of users that have my use case and so this issue must have been seen many times before.

Thanks again

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 8:01 AM in response to barberlives123

Hi,

Thanks for continuing to offer support.

I've uninstalled iCloud, restarted my laptop and then reinstalled it.

Unfortunately on reinstallation it is no better than before.

Are there any other tricks I should be trying? I assume there are a very large number of users that have my use case and so this issue must have been seen many times before.

Thanks again

Sep 6, 2021 12:34 AM in response to barberlives123

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to assist me. I did try restarting my laptop after your reply (I think I had done so already) and checked for any Windows updates and there were none. The problem still persists when swapping from the Mail window in Outlook to the Calendar window. It can take longer than 30 seconds sometimes so isn't something I can deal with much longer (I am having to use Outlook on my phone to check my calendar). Are there any other things I can check?

Many thanks!

Sep 2, 2021 5:14 AM in response to davekenny78

Hey there davekenny78,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re experiencing some performance issues with Outlook after adding iCloud Calendars. We’ll be happy to help.

Since installing iCloud for Windows, have you tried restarting your computer? Do that as that can sometimes have an impact on performance issues and make sure everything is up to date as well.

We hope this helps. Take care. 

Sep 14, 2021 11:46 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi barberlives123,

I called Apple Support and they told me that as I am using a PC and as the software I am using is Microsoft they cannot help me any further - but they were reasonably clear that the problem was originating from the the iCloud software. They told me that it will be something out of their control and they can't help me any further. I am sure that there are 1000s of iCloud users who use Outlook on a PC so it would be worth resolving this incompatibility issue. Perhaps it just needs more people to complain about this problem.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone now or in the future could comment against this post to help us all find a solution.

Thanks everyone!

Outlook calendar tab slow to respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.