You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same album on Mac and iPhone (Synced)

Hi there,

I'm curious how I can get the photos library on my Mac synced with my iPhone properly.

My problem is, that i sync albums via the finder app to my iPhone how it is in this article described (https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT201313), but on my iPhone the actual albums are not created. Only the images are on the device. So I basically want the synced images in albums on my iPhone like on my Mac

Further I am wondering why i can't mark the synced images as favorites nor delete them. (See the attached images).

Finally I want to say that I'm not looking for a solution that is including iCloud.

So if anyone knows how I can solve this problem I would really appreciate this.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:25 AM

When you sync selected albums to the iPhone from a computer, the photos will be stored sedately on the iPhone. They are managed differently from the photos you have taken with the iPhone or saved to Photos. They are not really part of the Photos Library, Photos is just showing them for browsing. You cannot delete them directly on the iPhone, only by syncing the iPhone again - then the synced photos will be replaced by the new synced photos. And before you can edit them, you have to save a copy to the camera roll, then edit the copy. Synced photos are second class items.

I know you do not like the solution, but the only way to get your albums and the photos in full quality onto your iPhone, so you can work with them properly, is iCloud Photos. Or Air Drop the photos, or send them in full resolution by Mail, but you will have to recreate the albums.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2021 9:25 AM in response to Marvelouschelo

When you sync selected albums to the iPhone from a computer, the photos will be stored sedately on the iPhone. They are managed differently from the photos you have taken with the iPhone or saved to Photos. They are not really part of the Photos Library, Photos is just showing them for browsing. You cannot delete them directly on the iPhone, only by syncing the iPhone again - then the synced photos will be replaced by the new synced photos. And before you can edit them, you have to save a copy to the camera roll, then edit the copy. Synced photos are second class items.

I know you do not like the solution, but the only way to get your albums and the photos in full quality onto your iPhone, so you can work with them properly, is iCloud Photos. Or Air Drop the photos, or send them in full resolution by Mail, but you will have to recreate the albums.

Same album on Mac and iPhone (Synced)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.