Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro (16 Inch) has no picture on the screen, but the brightness controls work. Any ideas?

Hey.

About a week ago my screen on my Macbook Pro 16" decided to just not show anything. It's on, as in I can see the screen react accordingly when I decrease or increase the brightness via my external keyboard AND via the touch bar. There's just no picture. I can also see the 'Built-in Retina Display' via System Preferences, 'About This Mac' and 'System Report'.

I can get a picture on my external monitor via Thunderbolt, so I don't think it's a Graphics Card issue??

I've read that the display cable inside can be a few millimeters short and come loose on some Macbook Pros, so I opened it up to take a look. Nothing loose, but I disconnected the cable and then reconnected it anyway and the issue is still there.

I'm looking for any ideas as to why this might be?

Thank in advance for any help!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:23 AM

Hi there!

You can fix this by reinstalling macOS through macOS recovery, to do this follow the steps in this article:https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204904.

Or

You can go to an Apple Authorised Service Provider to diagnose your mac for any hardware issues.

I recommend you to reinstall macOS first and if the screen still does not show anything then go to any Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Regards

Aditya

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 9:23 AM in response to c-shields

Hi there!

You can fix this by reinstalling macOS through macOS recovery, to do this follow the steps in this article:https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204904.

Or

You can go to an Apple Authorised Service Provider to diagnose your mac for any hardware issues.

I recommend you to reinstall macOS first and if the screen still does not show anything then go to any Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Regards

Aditya

My Macbook Pro (16 Inch) has no picture on the screen, but the brightness controls work. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.