Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Teams incoming call alert, obscured by macOS Reminders - Can't see who's calling

In general, I need the reminders to keep me 'on task' but they get in the way of stuff. I wish they would scurry over to the other side of the screen, if you shook the cursor over them.

In this example, I can't see who's calling. No time to click remind me in 5 minutes for a bunch of reminders.

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 12:36 PM

You can turn off Notifications during a video conference by turning on Do Not Disturb from the top of the Notifications pane:

Use Do Not Disturb on your Mac - Apple Support

Also see:

Use notifications on your Mac - Apple Support

I don't believe that will interfere with Teams messages.

3 replies

Sep 4, 2021 8:43 AM in response to iSAWaUFO

You are welcome. I've not used Teams so I am now not completely sure I understand the issue. There is the option of using Notification's System preferences to change how alerts are displayed:

Unchecking a specific app's box that I've indicated with the arrow will stop that app's alerts from popping in from the right. The "banners" option means the alerts are self-dismissing. In the example I pick Mail because it give me the most alerts through the day.

Sep 3, 2021 8:41 PM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks. This looks useful, though in this case, I'm not video conferencing. I'm just doing normal work at the computer when the MS Teams phone rings and pops-up the Caller ID windows with the answer or decline buttons. I can barely see the window behind the floating reminders and can't see who's calling. I can barely click the buttons that are just visible enough to click on a thin edge. I wish the reminders would get out of my way, but I can't close them because I need to remember to do stuff, and there's no time when the phone rings, to click snooze for 5 mins on a bunch of floating reminders.

MS Teams incoming call alert, obscured by macOS Reminders - Can't see who's calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.