Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I unpair an Apple Watch 3 from previous owner

I bought an Apple Watch 3 and it is connected to the previous owner and I don’t have their info

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 1:06 PM

No, only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock on an Apple device, including an Watch.

The Activation Lock is to prevent stolen or lost watches from being used by someone other than the owner.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 1:06 PM in response to Rtywkk

No, only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock on an Apple device, including an Watch.

The Activation Lock is to prevent stolen or lost watches from being used by someone other than the owner.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Can I unpair an Apple Watch 3 from previous owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.