Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Safari showing the wrong time?

Safari on my MacBook is consistently applying the wrong timestamp to online activity. I am in Pacific time and it keeps thinking that I am in Eastern time.

This problem started after I moved a few months ago but I wasn't in Eastern Time prior to the move.

My computer clock displays the correct time and when I go to "Date and Time" in System Preferences it shows the correct location and time.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

2020 M1 Macbook Air

macOS Big Sur, v. 11.5

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 10:57 AM

Jarish-Reid,

Just to confirm, did you select Apps and then the Advance option? Also let's see if this issue also happens in safe mode. Starting in safe mode will take a little longer than normal, because it verifies and repairs the directory, cleans caches, and loads only Apple-critical items.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Jarish-Reid

Jarish-Reid,

Just to confirm, did you select Apps and then the Advance option? Also let's see if this issue also happens in safe mode. Starting in safe mode will take a little longer than normal, because it verifies and repairs the directory, cleans caches, and loads only Apple-critical items.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care.

Sep 2, 2021 10:30 AM in response to Jarish-Reid

Hello Jarish-Reid,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that Safari is displaying the incorrect time. You'll want to verify that the Language & Region preferences are set correctly in System Preferences. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Language & Region. Select Apps and then choose the Advance option. You can see how to do this using the following link.

If the date or time is wrong on your Mac

Enjoy your day.

Sep 2, 2021 11:23 AM in response to SnickZ.

Argh. I figured it out and it was a stupid user error on my part. Certain websites that I do 90%+ of my work on have independent setting for date and time for some reason and they were just wrong. I made the mistake of checking solutions on those various sites rather than looking elsewhere. This thread was showing the correct time and that was what first alerted me to the issue.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Why is Safari showing the wrong time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.