Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

language and region time is wrong

Hello!

My Macbook gives a wrong time in 'Language & Region' - when I am in System Preferences. The time in 'Date & Time' is fine. Does anyone know how I can change it?

It's causing websites with a certificate to not work.

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 5:46 AM

Those may be manually re-set to correct symptom(s); while cure is another direction.

Perhaps on a wild notion this may be connected to a recent (20 Sept/30 Sept/Oct01)

..Safari 15.0 and Catalina 10.15.7 & Big Sur11.x updates.. Also affect some other versions

old+new macOS. Symptoms include Certificate/Security issues; & slights of hand.

Try a 'non-Safari' browser, helps bank login failures; and other odd glitches. Firefox,

Brave, and other browsers; mostly use a different webkit coding; however most

have to interact with the internet. So their webkit includes the other's bits.

Some 'work-arounds' had been proposed and some tested OK for some users.

Several site online spelled out some story-line and offered suggestions, etc.

One that seemed like it works overall, for affected users: try Firefox &/ non-Safari browsers

ie: Brave & others). ~At least until the other pesky issues get resolved. (Due to my vintage

Mac OS & hardware; Safari browser is way outdated. Two oldest Macs run Firefox ESR 78.x.)

So there are some substantiated temporary answers to some odd happenings; most of

these point back over the shoulder to road detours and construction? Your mileage may

vary; however general the symptoms over-lap. ~ IF you troubleshoot: cause can be related

to recent Safari browser update; could 'be fixed' on your end w/ new Firefox download.

Good luck & happy trails!

🌤🌿🌻🐝⛵️🎣🤖❄️

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2021 5:46 AM in response to geertje81

Those may be manually re-set to correct symptom(s); while cure is another direction.

Perhaps on a wild notion this may be connected to a recent (20 Sept/30 Sept/Oct01)

..Safari 15.0 and Catalina 10.15.7 & Big Sur11.x updates.. Also affect some other versions

old+new macOS. Symptoms include Certificate/Security issues; & slights of hand.

Try a 'non-Safari' browser, helps bank login failures; and other odd glitches. Firefox,

Brave, and other browsers; mostly use a different webkit coding; however most

have to interact with the internet. So their webkit includes the other's bits.

Some 'work-arounds' had been proposed and some tested OK for some users.

Several site online spelled out some story-line and offered suggestions, etc.

One that seemed like it works overall, for affected users: try Firefox &/ non-Safari browsers

ie: Brave & others). ~At least until the other pesky issues get resolved. (Due to my vintage

Mac OS & hardware; Safari browser is way outdated. Two oldest Macs run Firefox ESR 78.x.)

So there are some substantiated temporary answers to some odd happenings; most of

these point back over the shoulder to road detours and construction? Your mileage may

vary; however general the symptoms over-lap. ~ IF you troubleshoot: cause can be related

to recent Safari browser update; could 'be fixed' on your end w/ new Firefox download.

Good luck & happy trails!

🌤🌿🌻🐝⛵️🎣🤖❄️

Oct 4, 2021 1:06 PM in response to geertje81

Most who had discovered [to their discomfort] the certificate/security issue..

And/or had to use the work-around; where those intending to update or

upgrade Catalina &/or Big Sur; seemingly had Safari 15.0, fail to navigate.

While I happened across the scene, and first determined if anyone was injured;

and put their Mac on a stretcher. With alternative Browser, a workable solution

at the time. And did research into that cause; while did not affect my Macs, as

those do not generally run newest build of Safari. By default, Firefox works OK..

Glad to hear you were able to upgrade/update to Big Sur, past the detour

Thanks for the update story!🌻🙂

language and region time is wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.