Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update the contact number for lost iPhone in find my iPhone

I need to update the number called when you mark you iPhone as lost, and some finds it. How do I update that number in find my iPhone

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:20 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2021 1:39 PM in response to T_peter_172

Hey T_peter_172,

It sounds like you're looking to change the lost message that appears on your iPhone when it is marked as lost. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

You'll want to follow the steps in this article: Mark a device as lost in Find My on iPhone

"Change the Lost Mode message or email notifications for a lost device

After you mark your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch as lost, you can update your contact information or email notification settings.

1. Tap Devices, then tap the name of the lost device.
  2. Under Mark As Lost, tap Pending or Activated.
  3. Do any of the following:
    • Change Lost Mode message: Make any changes to the phone number or message.
    • Get email updates: Turn on Receive Email Updates if it’s not already on.
  1. Tap Done."

Thanks!

How do I update the contact number for lost iPhone in find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.