Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am sure the guy told me that even liquid spills were covered on my macbook pro I purchased maybe 3 months ago?

Somebody spilled water in my computer bag and I didn't know it until I got home from work. Now there is a third of the screen with condensation. I unplugged it and waited to get to you today. What do I do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 9:52 AM

If you have Apple Care+ for the Mac the repair or replacement can be done with a reduced fee.

If you don't then, its not covered as explained in the support document you posted from and you will have to pay the full price for the repair or replacement as determined by Apple. Apple will repair it regardless, but will charge you for it.

Water damage has never been covered by warranty. Warranty covers manufacturing defects not accidental damage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 9:52 AM in response to SusanWD

If you have Apple Care+ for the Mac the repair or replacement can be done with a reduced fee.

If you don't then, its not covered as explained in the support document you posted from and you will have to pay the full price for the repair or replacement as determined by Apple. Apple will repair it regardless, but will charge you for it.

Water damage has never been covered by warranty. Warranty covers manufacturing defects not accidental damage.

I am sure the guy told me that even liquid spills were covered on my macbook pro I purchased maybe 3 months ago?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.