Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported File Size is 0

i downloaded files from my Nikon D300 into Photos and was looking to export them as raw files to a folder for importing into Lightroom. This seemed to go without a hitch. But upon trying to import into LR they weren't recognized and i spend a lot of maddening time wondering and searching for why LR wouldn't now recognize the NEF format. After posting to an Adobe forum and being asked to upload one of the files, i saw that the file size was 0 in the folder created for the Photos export. But in Photos itself, under file info, each file is recognized and has a reasonable file size (12 mb).

i've tried the export operation a few times with no success. Any help with this mystery?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 3:23 PM

Some folks are reporting this bug when the files are exported to an external drive formatted with one of the FAT formats. Try export to the desktop. Does that work?

If not, that export settings are you using?

Also, if you have Lightroom, why are you using Photos?

Similar questions

2 replies

Exported File Size is 0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.