Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bout a an ipod touch 7th generation and when I'm trying to update and sync it nothing happens. It recognizes it but doesn't download my music. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Why won't my music download?

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 5:05 AM

I think perhaps you're correct and that you have missed something, so you need to re-check what you've done.

Connect the iPod to your computer and when iTunes sees it, click on the iPod icon that appears near the top of the iTunes window:

• That will show you the Device/Summary pane. Using the screenshot below as your guide, click on the Device/Music pane (1.):

• click on the box named Sync Music (2.) to add the tick in the box
  • in the section below the sync music button, numbered 3, choose either:
    • Entire music library (3.) - which will add all the music in your iTunes library (note that if you choose this option, you will not see section 4)
    • Selected playlists, albums, artists and genres (3.) - in which case, the sections numbered 4 will appear
    • if you chose the selected playlists, artists, albums and genres option above, you must now select which items you want on your iPod from section 4
  • after making your choices above, click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window. Until you do that, no changes will be made to your iPod

When you connect the iPod to iTunes in the future, the Sync process will do everything for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 5:05 AM in response to byronfromsavannah

I think perhaps you're correct and that you have missed something, so you need to re-check what you've done.

Connect the iPod to your computer and when iTunes sees it, click on the iPod icon that appears near the top of the iTunes window:

• That will show you the Device/Summary pane. Using the screenshot below as your guide, click on the Device/Music pane (1.):

• click on the box named Sync Music (2.) to add the tick in the box
  • in the section below the sync music button, numbered 3, choose either:
    • Entire music library (3.) - which will add all the music in your iTunes library (note that if you choose this option, you will not see section 4)
    • Selected playlists, albums, artists and genres (3.) - in which case, the sections numbered 4 will appear
    • if you chose the selected playlists, artists, albums and genres option above, you must now select which items you want on your iPod from section 4
  • after making your choices above, click on the Sync (or Apply) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window. Until you do that, no changes will be made to your iPod

When you connect the iPod to iTunes in the future, the Sync process will do everything for you.

I just bout a an ipod touch 7th generation and when I'm trying to update and sync it nothing happens. It recognizes it but doesn't download my music. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.