Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen went black while using computer

My screen suddenly went black while watching a YouTube video. I tried to press power, escape, anything to make it a smaller screen. Then I pressed the play/pause button and could hear the video. Then the whole computer turned off- keyboard darkened. I’ve tried holding the power button 10 seconds, etc. nothing is working. It’s been two days. It makes the charging sound when plugged in but that’s it. It won’t start up.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 8:29 PM

minniemiche Said:

"Screen went black while using computer: [...]Then the whole computer turned off- keyboard darkened"

-------

Troubleshooting this:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 8:29 PM in response to minniemiche

minniemiche Said:

"Screen went black while using computer: [...]Then the whole computer turned off- keyboard darkened"

-------

Troubleshooting this:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Screen went black while using computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.