You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook PRO cannot set 144hz

I bought an external monitor for my Macbook pro i7 9th 16”.

The monitor is a Gigabyte G27F 28” 144Hz.

when i want to set up the refresh rate i only be able to set 50 or 60hz.

i tried everything but not able to set over 60hz.

im connecting the monitor with an usb c hub adapter to HDMI.

i tried my macbook with a 120hz monitor and work perfectly and tried my monitor(with the same cable) on a widows computer and work perfectly at 144hz.

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 8:42 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2021 5:44 AM in response to Drew_7

Hi Drew_7,

Thanks you for your response.

I think you are wrong. The refresh rate mentioned in the macbook specifications i think is about the retina integrated macbook display, not external displays.

As i said in my post, i connected an external display with 120hz and work perfectly(same mac, same cables).

Another friend test the same model display(gigabyte G27F) with his macbook and he can set up 144 hz...

Sep 10, 2021 5:10 AM in response to alexroitman

alexroitman,

We understand, and appreciate your clarification. Since you've isolated the issue to your Mac specifically, the same model works on another device and another monitor works as expected, we recommend reviewing support options in your region. For further assistance with your Mac, review options here: Get Support

For additional assistance with your monitor we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly.

Cheers.

Macbook PRO cannot set 144hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.