Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 - automatic network selection doesn't work properly

Hi all,

since I switched to an Iphone 11, I have automatioc network selection issues. With all my previous Iphones, when I crossed the border, it automatically switched to a different provider. Ever since I have the Iphone 11 this is no longer happening. The Iphone 11 keeps "searching" for a provider. Since I cross the border a few times per week, this is very annoying, since I'm not able to contact anyone or be contacted. The Iphone 8 of my wife still switches within seconds to max 2-3 minutes to a different provider when crossing the border. Anyone has an idea what this issue might be ?

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 1:23 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2021 5:18 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Thanks for the advice,

but none of it helps. Our network plan in Europe is always working with data roaming, so this isn't the issue. The issue is also when I manually switched to a foreign provider, and travel back to my own country, it is the same issue, difficulty to switch to my own provider.

The phone simply has an issue with switching between providers.

kindest regards,

Rik

Sep 7, 2021 5:12 AM in response to henri183

Hi henri183,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. We understand your iPhone is searching for a network after crossing the border and we'd like to help.

The steps in this resource may help: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Specifically these steps: "If you're traveling internationally, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Iphone 11 - automatic network selection doesn't work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.