Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will FileMaker Pro 19 open FileMaker Pro 15 files on my new MacBook Air?

I have a new MacBook Air M1 running Big Sur. Big Sur seems to open my FileMaker Pro 15 files without difficulty and I am able to use them.

I am aware, though, that at some point I should upgrade to FileMaker Pro 19 (the newest version). Unfortunately, the cheaper upgrade option is not available because FileMaker Pro 15 is too old, so I need to purchase a brand new, complete version of FMP 19. I hope that if I do so, FMP 19 will open my FMP 15 files. Has anyone experienced any difficulties with this?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 8:00 AM

Claris has a 45-day free trial of Filemaker Pro 19 that could answer your backwards data compatibility question, or you can contact Claris and ask them. The online FileMaker Pro 19 Help guide suggests it can import Filemaker Pro 12 and later, because earlier versions must be converted before they can be imported.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2021 8:00 AM in response to normanfrommontreal

Claris has a 45-day free trial of Filemaker Pro 19 that could answer your backwards data compatibility question, or you can contact Claris and ask them. The online FileMaker Pro 19 Help guide suggests it can import Filemaker Pro 12 and later, because earlier versions must be converted before they can be imported.

Will FileMaker Pro 19 open FileMaker Pro 15 files on my new MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.