Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't sync to Macbook Pro via iTunes

Running 11.5.2 (20G95), 95gigs of 1tb available

My pictures and vidoes stopped syncing to Photos on my Macbook a couple of weeks ago. Has worked fine for years. Tried toggling the iCloud sync on and off, to no avail. Just says "Updating" at the bottom of the Photos app.

Any thoughts on what else I can try?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 6, 2021 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 12:06 AM

Well as a minimum, toggling iCloud has initiated a complete sync of your library. Depending on your library size, this can take days or weeks.

For reference, my small 50Gb 5000 file library took 48 hours. How big is your library?

Leave your mac on 24/7 connected to power and let it get on with it. Don't expect the status to update for loooong periods of time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2021 12:06 AM in response to mykeharbuck

Well as a minimum, toggling iCloud has initiated a complete sync of your library. Depending on your library size, this can take days or weeks.

For reference, my small 50Gb 5000 file library took 48 hours. How big is your library?

Leave your mac on 24/7 connected to power and let it get on with it. Don't expect the status to update for loooong periods of time.

Photos won't sync to Macbook Pro via iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.