Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assistive touch!

Greetings dear Apple community, I hope this inquiry finds you all well.

I have assistive touch turned on in my ipad settings and therefore the assistive touch button always stays on my screen. I play this game and share a lot of recordings of my games with friends in the game and people are trying to ban me because of a pause sign that used to show up on my assistive touch button. They claim it is a cheat. I have never cheated so Im sure it is something else.

Does anybody know what the pause sign on the assistive touch is and how it is turned on and off?

Im not asking how the assistive touch is turned on and off. Im asking what the pause sign is that shows up on the assistive touch button.

Below is a screenshot. The outer circle i drew is the assistive touch button and I know what that is. The inner circle that i drew is the pause sign and I'm trying to figure out what that is. Please share your thoughts. This means a lot to me! Looking forward to replies. Sorry the photo is blurry.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2021 2:40 AM

Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch and toggle Dwell Control to off.

On:

Off:

From How to use a pointer device with AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

The Dwell options allow you to perform actions with the pointer without physically pressing buttons. Dwell has settings for Movement Tolerance and the amount of time before a selection action is carried out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2021 2:40 AM in response to MacOSExplore

Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch and toggle Dwell Control to off.

On:

Off:

From How to use a pointer device with AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

The Dwell options allow you to perform actions with the pointer without physically pressing buttons. Dwell has settings for Movement Tolerance and the amount of time before a selection action is carried out.

Assistive touch!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.