Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New and Old phone are connected?

Last week I bought myself a new iPhone 11 (kept the same number) and I gave my son my old iPhone. We got him a new sim card and the phone has a new phone number associated with it. The text messages I've been sending today (from my new iphone) are showing up as if I sent them from my son's phone. How do I stop this?

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 7:13 AM

That actually means that you are sharing an Apple ID with your son. Don’t do that.

And you also didn’t completely reset the phone before giving it to him→What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 7, 2021 7:09 AM in response to sandy11_7

This clearly indicates that your old number was not associated with the Phone number instead it was sending iMessage using your Apple ID.

Activate iMessage:

To activate iMessage and FaceTime using your Phone number

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency that issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS Only)

If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple ...

New and Old phone are connected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.