Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong battery message

My battery health is showing a confusing message, basically is saying that the battery is significantly degraded and it is at 96% however the phone battery is lasting what should last, phone is working perfectly, the battery was calibrated just today and still showing the message, also the phone was restored from factory settings, I went to the apple store in my region and they said that is fine, however there is no explanation about that annoying message, it is really important for me, why? Because at the moment that I sell the phone no one is going to buy it showing that message, for me there is no problem because I have more than 3 weeks using the phone and it is working properly but I am not going to buy a phone if I see a message like that, even though the battery % is 100%, any suggestions? Thank you.

Posted on Sep 7, 2021 6:51 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2021 7:46 PM in response to hansel209

hansel209 Said:

"Wrong battery message: Wrong battery message: My battery health is showing a confusing message, basically is saying that the battery is significantly degraded and it is at 96% however the phone battery is lasting what should last, phone is working perfectly, the battery was calibrated just today and still showing the message, also the phone was restored from factory settings[...]"

-------

Percentage is a Guesstimation:

The percentage is simply a guesstimation on what remains. So, with an error message like this, it seems things need to be looked into. But, rather than taking it to Apple, take it to an AASP, as it mentions, seeing what they have to say on this.

Contacting an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Wrong battery message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.